Tuesday 14 December 2010

New horizons

Since I'm doing the hand-overs, I guess it's ok if I break the news here. With the coming of the new year, I'm going to be starting a new job.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at NetsurIT for the opportunity, training and comradeship. This is a truly awesome company and I'm going to miss everybody. Having said that, I am really excited about the new opportunities at IS Partners and I can't wait to get stuck into the new year.

I'm going to be doing much the same work (SharePoint administration and configuration), but IS Partners' clients are a in a bit of a different space from NetsurIT's. I think the corporate maturity will be a bit higher, so I'm looking forward to having some configuration briefs that are a little more complete. I'm also looking forward to working with the SharePoint team that they've got setup, and getting into configuration for the BI and Content Management that they are so strong on.

In the News:


Using bionic legs to rewire stroke victim's brains - an interesting new use of modern prosthetic technology

NASA solar sail gets lost - this awesome piece of tech that I told you about a little while ago is now floating off into space unnoticed... bummer

When computers go wrong - an interesting article on some of the worst digital screw-ups

Worlds smallest battery - nano-batteries might not sound like a big deal, but it's a cornerstone piece of tech.

Researchers build self-healing plastic - now if only they'd build me an ADSL line that would fix itself after it's been struck by lightning

Word of the Week:


Farouche - adjective

  1. Sullenly unsociable or shy,

  2. Fierce


Another week, another post. The April archives are in too, so you can have a look at those. As always, tell your friends and leave a comment. Peace.

-Odd

"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet." - Dave Barry

2 comments:

  1. I am reading through "When Computers go Wrong", thank you.

    It reminds me of a story called "VAXen, my children, just don't belong some places."
    I do not think it is a true story, but I enjoy it every time I read it. If you have not seen it you can find a copy here. [http://www.crash.com/fun/texts/vaxen-dont.html]

    ReplyDelete
  2. shot for the link :) and the comment

    ReplyDelete