Wednesday 21 November 2012

MtG FNM Report - RB Vampire

Another outing for my vampires at Friday Night Magic at Outer Limits

My Deck:

Mainboard
Sideboard
4 Stromkirk Noble
3 Smelt
4 Falkenrath Exterminator
4 Annihilating Fire
4 Stromkirk Captain
4 Brimstone Volley
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Flames of the Firebrand
3 Olivia Voldaren
3 Bloodline Keeper
4 Pillar of Flame
4 Mizzium Mortars
4 Murder
4 Deviant Glee
6 Swamp
8 Mountain
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit




This is much the same deck as I've been playing with the addition of Deviant Glees. I figure that the trample can help the vampires get through to pump themselves up, plus it can turn a late game Noble or Exterminator into a viable threat.






Round 1: 0-2 vs Monogreen
Really irritating to lose the first round. This was quite a strange deck... You don't see a lot of mono-colour in the current metagame. Turns out Blessings of Nature and Wolfir Avenger are quite irritating. Still, I'm pretty sure I could have won this handily if I hadn't been completely mana screwed both games.

Round 2: 2-0 vs BW Exalted
Same deck I've played every week (it seems like). It's improved a fair amount, but there's only so much you can do with exalted triggers.

Round 3: 2-0 vs Monored
The second mono coloured deck in the tournament. Nice a quick with lots of burn. I really like this deck as red is my favorite colour, but in any creature match-up the opponent needs to seriously outweigh my vampires and red just doesn't have the beef to compete.

Round 4: 2-0 vs Rakdos
Finnished off against a fairly standard Rakdos deck. It was quite good, but again Captains swing the balance and Olivia is the supreme finisher.

Despite losing the first round I came in fourth and picked up a couple boosters... so not a bad night. I'm a little disappointed that this deck still hasn't won the FNM as I think it is very possible. Next week I'll be running something very different.

The Deviant Glees did really well, trample is very handy.

-Odd
"I often think on how excited they must feel to be chosen as my prey." -Stromkirk Noble, Flavor Text

No comments:

Post a Comment